Friday, August 26, 2011

The Proposal



I'm watching this movie by myself on the night before I'm supposed to go back to school. Kind of pathetic, huh? I was trying to read Wuthering Heights, but I just can't concentrate. I absolutely hate when that happens. Don't you? It's like I really want to read, but I just can't do it. So, instead I'm watching The Proposal.


I find this movie quite amusing. Sandra Bullock has been one of my favorite actresses circa Miss Congeniality. Funily enough, as I type this the scene where Sandra's character Margret and Ryan Reynold's character Andrew share secrets and she tells him that her favorite book is Wuthering Heights. Fate is funny that way. Well, Jane Eyre is my favorite classic, but I love Wuthering Heights too. I read the children's version many years ago and fell in love with the basic story. 


Also, I had an English teacher in high school who used to tell all the girls that eventually they would make it through their Heathcliff period. My best friend and I were dying of laughter, but there were SO many blank stares. It was unbelievable how many kids didn't know what the heck she was talking about. It was kind of sad actually. Thank you movie for reminding me about the sad state of humanity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment